Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Aerlit Shuttles & Sneak Peek revealed

The Aerlit Shuttles are in and ready for you to order at Handy Hands

Several days ago I posted a sneak peek here.

The gift has now been received, so I can show you the whole thing.

The recipient is a published author whose book I have read.  I have her blog listed in the right hand column Green Girl in Wisconsin.  

This is her book
It involves a young gal looking to spice up her life and add to her income by becoming a home party hostess.  A very different concept then any other book I have read.  It was a fun read.  I recommend it.  You can buy a copy from the University of Wisconsin Press

I enjoyed her book and decided to make her a bookmark. 
This is what I came up with

The variegated thread  is Manuela size 20 color 204.  The green is Lizbeth size 20 color 684. 

The pattern is Jane Eborall's Flowery SCMR Bookmark. Click  here to download the pattern pdf.   Here is the link to Jane's pattern pages with so many, many patterns

Since this pattern reminds me of a flowering vine, I had originally thought to do some of the vine in spiral stitch, but that proved not be look very good, so I cut that all off and did the pattern the way Jane wrote it, except for the tail.  That I did do in spiral stitch and added some occasional small rings to simulate leaves. 

Now back to the Christmas Snowflakes and maybe if I am lucky, some more on the Tat-A-Long Lace Mat from Jon's Blog.  Have you looked at the Lace Mats that have been finished?  Jon has a page of all the Lace Mats that have been finished, and at the end of the year she is going to hold a poll of the best.  There is still time to get a Lace Mat started and finished ( I hope).

And don't forget to vote in the Tatting Corner Show and Tell contest


9 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to make that bookmark but then something stops me. Why? It's really lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty gift. Great way to show your appreciation for the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever title for a book, especially considering the premises of the story! The bookmark is lovely, and I'm sure the author will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful bookmark! And crafted so expertly.
    And Ladytats, your readers can contact me directly for the book--my publisher charges a lot for shipping/handling. Mention Ladytats and I'll mail you a copy for free--a flat $12.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Green Girl is a bloggy friend of mine, and I KNOW she was delighted to have the bookmark, She's a good writer, I hear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy Mom, your blog roll is where I found hers.

      Delete

I appreciate comments, Thank you for leaving one.