Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all.

I took a quiet day to myself, did some tatting on a doily that I will show when I have finished the last half of the last round. It is based on the Antique Medallion in a previous post.

I know that I had planned on posting all the pages from the Antique Booklet, and that I haven't gotten very far in it yet. I will apologize for that and try to get more of the pages posted in the next few days.

Yesterday was a granddaughter's 5th birthday. I got to spend a good part of the day with some of the grandkids, that always makes for a nice day.

The 2 oldest granddaughters have celebrated their First Communions. these are the cross bookmarks that I made for them.

The one on the left is Camilla from Tatted Bookmarks by Lene Bjorn, the one on the right is a cross I have done so much, that I don't need a pattern and have no idea who if anyone published it. Since it is so basic and simple, I feel sure that someone has.
The thread is size 20 Lizbeth and the color is Springtime. The scan doesn't do the colors justice, they really pop. The thread is very easy to work with and you can un-tat fairly easily without shredding the thread. After reading some other's experiences with the ends not staying hidden, I hid ends under 6 or 7 stitches instead of the usual 4, or to the first picot, whichever comes first.

It was a fairly nice day today. The high was in the low 60's and it wasn't too windy and the sun was shinning. Maybe spring really is on the way. Hubby actually got to spend some time in the field. Crops are getting planted very late this year.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day! The crosses you made for your grandkids are pretty. Are you enjoying tatting with the Lizbeth thread? I broke into my first ball of it today. I had purchased a bunch of it previously (well, the "Easter Bunny" got it for me... hee hee) and am just now using it. I like it.

    Glad you had a nice day; mine was quiet, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to you! The crosses are lovely! I don't have that color Lizbeth. It's really pretty!

    I see that you took the test and found out that you would have been a Prioress... me too! I'm not sure anyone would ever consider me for sainthood, though! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Lene's cross looks so different in colour. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ladies,
    yes, TattingChic, I did enjoy the Lizbeth thread, very smooth, almost slick.
    HI Diane, I am not sure if I can be considered for sainthood, but there are a lot of the characteristics that I thought did match.
    Hi Tatskool, I do prefer it in color.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments, Thank you for leaving one.