Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Antique Booklet, Embroidery and a Tatted Bookmark

These are the last 3 pages of the Antique Booklet. 29, 30 & 31 and they deal with Embroidery. The back cover is the same as the front cover.

I hope that you have been at least a little interested in the booklet and maybe you found something in it of interest.





Tonight I am posting a bookmark that I made for my sister in law. Her mother died last week. This is based on the pattern called Malene by Lene Bjorn from Tatted Bookmarks.

The thread is Lizbeth size 20 in the color Spring. I changed the pattern slightly, in that Lene dimpled ring calls for 6-6-8+6-6 ds. I used my verison of a dimpled ring 6-6-1[4 first half, 4second half] 1+6-6. Using the 4 first half and then 4 second half allows the bars of the ds to rotate and lets the 2 sides of the very tight turn in the dimpled ring to fit together snuggly.



I went shopping at my local shoe store the other day, the lady who just opened this store used to work at Dakota Steel Art with me. She has some really good looking shoes, and some very cute little kid shoes. I bought the 2 pair of shoes below for my youngest grandkids. They are Squeaker Sneekers. They are sooo cute. As the name says, they squeak when the child walks on the heel area. I supposes they would be annoying if worn all the time, but you can remove the squeaker when you go places like church. but they are handy if the child is in another room, or around the corner at the store, cuz we all know that they are sneeky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comments, Thank you for leaving one.