Friday, March 30, 2012

a long term project finished

about 4 or 5 months, I have had a project that I have worked on off and on, in the car, at meetings, visiting at friends and other times when I had a few minutes.

I used size 20 thread in a colorway from Manuela that has long since lost it's color number tag.

it is a present for a friend who asked for a pouch to hold as Rosary in her purse.  it became a more involved project then I had anticipated.

it is about 2" tall, and about 2" in diameter.

it is very solid as I didn't want the arms of the Cross to poke out and get caught on things in her purse.

Hope she likes it.

I have started another long term project, that involves several versions of edging.  I need to finish the hanky I started last year, and I started a doily yesterday during a meeting. I have finished about 1/4 of it.

Sunday is Palm Sunday, and it is the day of our annual Parish dinner.  I am in charge of it this year.  so don't know how much tatting will get done this weekend.
and Sunday is also International Tatting Day.  so I will try my best to do some tatting on that day.



13 comments:

  1. This is so unique! I've never seen anything like it! Is it your own pattern? That's a lot of tatting! I love the color, too. What a special gift! How did you do the cords?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy, yes, it is my own pattern, I just started with a circle and built from there. the drawstrings are the same thread I used a Lucet fork to braid them. I posted about my Lucet fork before, just click on the word Lucet in the labels list in the right frame. and you can "google" or "bing" it to find more resources. I like being able to make the drawstrings as well as the bag, it is not the first time. I haven't learned any of the fancy cords, just the basic. it is very similar to using a French or Spool Knitter if you are familiar with that.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure your friend will be tickled pink. This is so very nice. Karen in Or

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh I think it is a fabulous bag, the colourway is so so pretty. I still have some of the Manuela thread but like you they have all lost their number tags. Have a good weekend, sounds like a lot of work the annual Parish dinner. I am assisting at three services where Palm Crosses will be given out tomorrow but hope to get some tatting done inbetween them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - that is a great little bag. Looks like a LOT of work for such a tiny thing, but it turned out wonderfully :) I'm sure it will be much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely little bag! I'm sure your friend will treasure it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job - it's beautiful! I love that colorway also. I miss the Manuela threads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pouch is so pretty! Nice tatting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely idea! You've executed it to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Long-term" isn't the word for it. What a labor of love, and how wonderfully even your chains are!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely idea, it's beautiful. I'm sure your friend will be very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hallo, just came by seeing your wonderful project, really stunning idea!!
    Gunhild

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments, Thank you for leaving one.