Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Snowflake post plus temporis

well, one more time, let's try this again.
This is the Snowflake I tried to post before, so here we go....

This is Sharon Briggs Merry Christmas Snowflake
I used Cebelia size 10 in white.  this is the same thread that I used for  the Christmas Tree in the post below.  The snowflake will go on the tree at the assisted living center where the tree is also headed.


yeah!! so far so good.

I have started chorus practice for the Christmas Cantata.  in our area, anyone who thinks they can sing is invited to join the Area Wide Chorus.  we only get together for a Christmas Cantata.  This year's is Night of the Father's Love and of course what is a Christmas performance without Handel's The Hallelujah Chorus. We do 4 performances the beginning of December. We usually get about 40 or so from sopranos to bases.

gotta get at my Christmas present tatting.

latin   plus temporis = one more time

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful snowflake- beautiful tatting!

    Love the Latin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognized Sharon's snowflake immediately! I tatted it back in 2009 right after she posted it, and was delighted with her drawing and easy instructions. It tats up very quickly! I made two of them and gave one to my niece. In 2010 I put the other one into a 3.5" clear plastic ball ornament I found at Michaels.
    I had used size 20 Lizbeth, and it fits into the ball perfectly! It's wonderful that yours will go on the tree at the assisted living center!

    You are one busy lady! You have a large family, plus a full-time job and do other volunteer work, plus you do lots of tatting, and still find time to be in a choral group! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great snowflake! :)
    Enjoy the choir! I love singing in the choir, but we are in a tiny church so our choir would be about 4 in number, but that's ok. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the snowflake!

    I think I can sing... until I really listen to myself. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Kathy, it did tat up quickly and I will be making more of them.
    God's Kid, I do sing in our church choir. a whole 8 of us if all show up but more often less then 5 and sometimes I simply cantor as I am the only one.
    Well, Diane, sing anyway. if you soul feels like lifting in song then go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that snowflake - I even have the pattern by my chair ready to try soon :)

    Singing lifts the spirits and soothes the soul!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments, Thank you for leaving one.