Sunday, May 1, 2011

I really do still know how to tat

I bet some of you are wondering if I still know how to tat.

Live has been very busy for me the past month or so.  But I did finally finish some tatting.

and what did I tat you ask??
A Seahorsedragon by Anne Bruvold and Debbie Arnold

I had started out wanting to tat something for the cover of my Kindle e-book.  I was seeing edgings in my mind, with maybe a freeform flower or 2 framed in the center.  I chose 3 different but coordinating skeins of HDT by Sherry Pence ~ LadyShuttleMaker.  All size 20 labeled, Seaweed, Confetti and Spring Poppies.

As I started the first edging that I chose, it just wouldn't click for me.  and I kept hearing whispers in my head saying "seahorsedragon, seahorsedragon,..."  So I untatted the 6 rings and chains that I had done of the edging (it was HDT after all) and started the seahorsedragon. 

and here she is


7 comments:

  1. Yes, HDTs need to be saved. anyway, that is a beautiful seahorse with those three HDTs combined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so pretty she is, in these soft, pastels! Like a breath of... ahem... Spring!

    Lovely tatting. crumby weather!
    May your crocuses ascend soon.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Seahorse Dragon pattern, and yours turned out beautifully! Is your Kindle filled with books about seahorses and dragons? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. So delicate! Yep, the little voice was right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And it was snowing here too. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you Zarina, Fox, Bonnie, Diane, and Michelle.
    My Kindle has quite a few books, some of them might have seahorses and dragons, but not all.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments, Thank you for leaving one.