Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ringtrim Earings

I haven't posted any tatting for a bit, but I have been busy with other things.
One thing I did the other night was to make this pair of earrings, and I wore them to work on friday.
I used Ann Bruvold's pattern for a baby dragon which she designed to use the Single Shuttle Split Ring technique using a doubled loop of thread originally developed by Matthew Takeda.
The threads are both size 20 Hekelgarn hand dyed by Sherry Pence, aka LadyShuttleMaker. The darker variegated is her Swamp Flower and the lighter is her Pear Glace'
As you can see, I need more practice with my SSSR. there is too much space between them.
The next pair of these I am thinking of adding beads, and I may adjust the pattern a bit to support the wing by joining it to one of the picots on the back and maybe the one in front of the wing where I attached the hooks.
Hope your weekend is going well.
We have had a bunch of rain this past week, enough so the rivers are back out of their banks and the low places in the fields that were drying out are full again. and some of the crops are back under water. The small town of Abercrombie had 12" of rain this past week. They were just really getting dried out from all the spring snowmelt flooding and now this. This next week we have rain or showers forecast for every other day.
DH cut the hay a week ago and still hasn't been able to get it baled. He is trying tonight, but he is worried that not all of it will be dry enough.

4 comments:

  1. Well, that's a nice project to have just worked on. I liked the little hummingbird that Anne B showed on her blog. It was a design that someone had morphed little "Ringtrim" into. I thought that was cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks TattingChic, hhmmm I haven't seen her blog, I will have to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those look great! very nice job.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments, Thank you for leaving one.