Saturday, July 26, 2008

Crochet not tatting



These are the tassel caps that I finished today for Father's cincture.
They are crocheted using Anchor Marlitt color 1037 This is a rayon 6 stranded embroidery thread. I used 2 skeins held together. Each tassel cap took 4 skeins. I reused the original fringe.

appling the fringe took almost as long as crochetting the caps.

If i do any others for him, I am going to look into doing something more elaborate, maybe tatted, or celtic knot or chinese knot. I will have to do some searching. I followed the pattern of the originals for these.

I thought that I would get Father's vestment mended today, but it is a good thing he doesn't need it tomorrow for Mass.

I didn't get any tatting done either, it was just too nice a saturday so took some time to just be and read a book.

Happy Tatting
Ladytats

2 comments:

  1. These tassel caps are gorgeous. I'm sure Father will be very pleased with them. Tatted ones would be magnificent and definitely one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks tattycat,
    The originals were worn and frayed and didn't look nice.
    It took a bit to find thread that would match the cord and fringe. I mentioned to Father this morning when I gave it to him that the next one was going to be done differently. He liked this one, but was excited about haveing one that would be unique - no other priest would have one like his.
    ladytats

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments, Thank you for leaving one.