Thursday, September 11, 2008

T.I.A.S #4 Step 1


Here is my beginning for the 4th Tat It And See. I reserve the right to make a guess at what we are tatting as there is not enough clues right now.


I have done block tatting before, but not this method so it was essentially new to me.

This is the first TIAS that I have participated in. So This will be fun and interesting.


I have committed to demonstrating Tatting at Uff Da Days in Rutland, a town about 20 miles south west from me on October 5. It will be the 4th year I have done so. I really should get my act in gear and demonstrate at other area affairs. I never seem to have enough tatting to showcase at these events. I think I will print out pictures of some of the items that I have tatted and given away to fill out my display. I don't keep much tatting around, it always seems to find another home.


Last night was our monthly fire department meeting. Even tho I am attached as a First Responder, and not a certified fireman, I still needed to get outfitted in Turnout Gear. I got a helmet, the only red one in the squad, and a turnout coat a bit too large, but by turning down the cuffs, I can make do. Pants and boots are a bust, nothing will fit. So will have to see what will need to be done about that. for now, I hope that I will not be needed. I am there for first aid for either victims of fires or accidents, as the nearest ambulance is 15-20 miles away depending on where the problem is in the departments area. My goal is to get enough firemen certified as First Responders so we can man a Quick Response unit.

Happy Tatting
Ladytats

4 comments:

  1. Pretty color! Great job Jeanne.
    Is it o.k. if I put this on the TIAS blog as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherry,
    Thanks for the compliment, yes, you can post this on the TIAS blog.
    I will be working step 2 tomorrow, it is tooo late tonight.
    Ladytats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your block tatting is very neat and tidy looking. I think that's the best I've seen, yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Tattingchic,
    thanks for the compliment. we should all be really good at block tatting when we have finished this TIAs. steps 2 & 3 are block tatting too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments, Thank you for leaving one.