Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Step 4 of T.I.A.S


Here is my attempt at step 4 for the T.I.A.S


Sherry asked for a light color, a medium color and a dark color. Well, I didn't have the 3 shades in the same color, so I have had to make do with 3 different colors in different shades. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.


Now I bring you some frustration in the world of government mandated changes. Anyone not interested in digital tv can stop reading at this point.


normally in the non digital world of television we can view any one of the follow channels
4 CBS
6 ABC
11 NBC
13 PBS
15 FOX

After buying the digital boxes about 2 months ago, we hooked them up and were only able to find channel 6-1, 6-2, 6-3 and nothing else.

After several attempts, much frustration and the expense of buying a new tv antennae, which by the way we put up this past Sunday in very windy conditions, and we pointed it northeast as opposed to pointing it northwest as it was before. we could still only get the 3 stations on channel 6.

well, you will never guess what we found out.

you would assume that channel 4 in analog would be channel 4 in digital right. and 11=11 and so on.

au contraire my lebchen

channel 19=15-1
channel 21= 6-1, 6-2, 6-3
channel 23=13-1, 13-2, 13-3
channel 38=4
channel 44=11-1

soooo....... on a good reception day, we get 9 different shows, well 8 because 13-1 and 13-2 are the same, just one is full screen and 1 is cropped. (don't ask me why, it just is)

And we have been told, and tonight experienced a bit, that there will be times that we won't get anything on this channel or that one or maybe all of them. we may need a booster as we are located so far from the tv towers.


we may even reattach the old antennae below the new antennae, hook it up to the new one and point it south west, there is supposed to be a channel or 2 that we can get in that direction.

Stay tuned for the saga of the mandated digital tv

1 comment:

  1. I still don't have the converter box. My coupon expired a few days before I remembered to pick it up so I didn't get it. I seldom watch tv and very little comes in with the antenna anyway. Will be following your saga!
    :-) Gina

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments, Thank you for leaving one.