One of the lessons in our Design-Tat class required us to test tat another students design. This one is by Miranda Rensberger.
Her original design was done in one color, but I thought and several others mentioned that it looked like vines with flowers hanging over a wall, so I chose to tat it in 2 colors. That proved to make the tatting more difficult that Miranda's pattern called for. it required the Shoe lace trick at the corners, as I rings with picots suggested stamens to me, so the outer clovers had to be in the flower color which then required the shoe lace trick twice to get the threads in the proper place before and after.
I used the Catherine Wheel join in the block tatted areas to avoid the dreaded color spot you would get with a regular lock join. This added to the stitch count of the chains in the block tatting, so needed to compensate for that, but since the block tatted areas increase and decrease I had some trouble getting the blocks to look like leaves.
Because of the choice I made to use 2 colors, I had some trouble getting the hanging rings from the blocks in the correct position. my fault not Mirandas.
I do like how it ended up looking with 2 colors.
Thank you Miranda for a challenging pattern