Saturday, July 26, 2008
Crochet not tatting
These are the tassel caps that I finished today for Father's cincture.
They are crocheted using Anchor Marlitt color 1037 This is a rayon 6 stranded embroidery thread. I used 2 skeins held together. Each tassel cap took 4 skeins. I reused the original fringe.
appling the fringe took almost as long as crochetting the caps.
If i do any others for him, I am going to look into doing something more elaborate, maybe tatted, or celtic knot or chinese knot. I will have to do some searching. I followed the pattern of the originals for these.
I thought that I would get Father's vestment mended today, but it is a good thing he doesn't need it tomorrow for Mass.
I didn't get any tatting done either, it was just too nice a saturday so took some time to just be and read a book.