Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tattler Reusable Canning Lids

as I promised, I am posting about the Tattler Reusable Canning lids that I mentioned previously in this post

I used them for the first time tonight to can peaches.  I still have the last batch in the canner, but so far, so good. I didn't have any problems with putting them together, or attaching them to the jars.  The only problem I had was tightening them after taking them out of the canner so I didn't burn my fingers.


I have 17 quarts and 8 pints of peaches. I did some of the pints with the familiar metal lids as they are for our neighbor.  I will let you know tomorrow once the jars are cooled, if they all sealed. 

I stumbled across a recipe for Peach Honey at this website  so right now the peach skins are cooking, will be interested to see how this turns out. 

Testing another pattern for Martha Ess, so no tatting to show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comments, Thank you for leaving one.