Monday, July 11, 2011

storm damage

Don't know when I will be back online at home.
we have been out of power since before 6pm last night.
major storm blew through, only 1.65" of rain, but very high winds,  weather stations stated 70-80 mph.

Here is just 1 of the trees we lost. and I think there may be 30 more either total destroyed like this, or tops snapped off, maybe even more.


huge old Russian Olive.  we lost many elms, ashes, cottonwoods, boxelder, damage to some maples.

the cows thought it was time to check out the soybean and cornfields so had to teach them some manners.

got to get back to work.  sneaking a few minutes between tasks

10 comments:

  1. Oh, no. So sad. Hope you are coping with all that damage all right.
    Fox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poor trees! We've lost some beautiful old trees in our town in the last year, due to high winds and soaking rains. Hope you'll soon be able to be online at home again. Please remind the cows that the garden is not their personal salad bar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOooh Gosh. Sorry that the trees are damaged and lost, hope you get power sooner than later and hope all is okay. I can't blame the cow, if I was her I would just do the same.
    ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh bummer! I hate losing those big old trees. And the darned cows are so naughty!

    Hope you have power soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry! I LOVE trees and hate to lose them but on the other side of the coin, I also know how much work it is to clean up a mess like this. Maybe you should get a few pretty shuttles made out of a favorite tree to compensate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm so sorry. We had that storm too but were fortunate with no damage. That's so hard in ND where growing trees is almost work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sad to loose trees. How did your garden fair? And your Hollyhocks - my Mom always had them and this brought back nice memories. Hope things get back to normal soon and that there's no major damages. Karen in OR

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh mercy! I'm so sorry. I hope you all are ok, and it's not too costly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Downed trees always make me sad. WE had a wicked storm, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Ladies for your kind comments. I too thought about getting some wood for shuttles. we got our electricity back about 5:20 last eve so we were out about 11.5 hours. had the tractor running the generator all day, so the cows would respect a working electric fence and stay in their pastures.

    nice weather today.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments, Thank you for leaving one.