Saturday, April 4, 2009

Another page and TIAS

I will post another page from the Antique Booklet and 2 days of the TIAS.
The scan above is of page 3. it details the different items you will need to be able to make the projects in the booklet. you will also note near the lower left hand corner, my mother-in-law's name. The last initial is "L" so I know that she acquired this booklet some time after September of 1946.

I am going to show you 2 days of Dani's TIAS.
Day 3

it is starting to take on an egg shape, but since Dani isn't telling just exactly what it is, we will have to wait and see.

now Day 4
Dani's pattern started out with set instructions, today her pattern gave each tatter 3 options.
A, B and C.
I chose "C" options A & B stopped before the little oval on the upper left corner. Wally Sosa mentioned in her email to Here-Be-tatters, that she is going to have to do one of each. Since I have decided that I need to limit myself so that I get other things done, I wanted to also do all 3 but made myself do only 1. since I am doing only the one choice, I took what at this time looks like the more involved option.
Last evening during supper, I thought, hhmm, I should post about this. but then when I was posting last night, I forgot, soo....
Yesterday for supper I made what is known in our family as Grandma's Noodles.
As I was growing up for special occasions and on meatless Fridays in Lent we enjoyed Grandma's Noodles and browned butter with salmon and a vegetable or salad. I am the 3rd generation that I know of that has enjoyed this meal. And I know that some of my daughters make it too.
The recipe for the noodles is from my grandmother Eulalia.
Grandma's Noodles are really a dumpling
the basic recipe is
2 eggs
2 tbsp water
1 & 1/2 tsp salt (yes that is the right amount of salt)
1/2 tsp baking powder
enough flour to stiffen very thick ( start with 3/4 C and continue until it is so stiff that a lump on a fork will just barely slump)
Start a large pot of salted water heating. When the water comes to a boil, Spoon off small pieces of dough into the boiling water. Boil for approximately 15 min stirring occasionaly to prevent boiling over. check for doneness by cutting into a large dumpling after about 10 min.
drain and serve with Browned butter.
Browned Butter
You can find directions for Browned Butter at Allrecipes
we always enjoyed the canned salmon with this meal, we could eat the bones, for kids that is good for some giggles ( we were so easy back then)
I have a couple of other comfort meals that I will share from time to time.

Last night I did some shopping at Lacis.com due to having a dial-up connection it takes a long time to load pages and lots of waiting so I was up way too late.
I will share my purchases when I receive them.
but because of that, I am very tired and really need to get to bed.
Oh, I dont' know if I will find the time to post tomorrow. we have our annual church dinner tomorrow and I am games coordinator with another couple. the only games we are planning are bingo and a duck pond.
Have a very good rest of the weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comments, Thank you for leaving one.