Saturday, October 15, 2011

request finished

I started this before my trip, but had to wait until things settled in my brain as to how to end it. and how to do the stump.
This is a requested project.  hope the gentleman likes it.  He is the director of the local assisted living center.  at some point in the past he had acquired a Tatted Christmas tree done in cream colored yarn.  it was starting to look it's age and he wanted a new one to frame. It had been done using the "cut and tie" method fro each row, and the yarn ends were showing and He asked me if I could do one for him.  of course.  but it took me a bit to decide just how to do it to get the size he wanted, nearly 12" if possible.
So this is how it turned out.

This was tatted in size 10 Cebelia
In answer to Jane's question,  this was tatted from bottom to top with out cutting and tying.  I used split chains and split rings to move from one row to the next.  the top of the tree is a SCMR so I could hide ends in a ring in the second row. The only add on was the trunk.

6 comments:

  1. Great tree. Did you do it without cutting and tying? It can be done!!!! Hope he likes it now it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane, yes, it was done from bottom to top without cutting and tying. I used split chains and split rings to go from row to row. The top ring is a SCMR so I could hide ends in a ring in the 2nd row. the only add on was the trunk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tree is totally spectacular! The tatters of old would be astounded that it could be done in one 'pass' with split rings and split chains! I myself have never tried the split chain - it looks so complicated, yet you obviously have mastered it!

    Your friend should be totally impressed and delighted with this beautiful piece of tatted lace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Mom. That must have taken a long time being so tall.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments, Thank you for leaving one.