Sunday, April 21, 2019

Let's Try This Again

It has been quite some time since I posted anything.
I have allowed many things to get in the way of posting. 

So I have decided that I need to start again. 
I will be posting more than just fiber art. 
There will still be the occasional Tatting project or maybe crochet or maybe socks. 
But there will also be some pictures.  I have gotten a new camera, and I am liking it very much.  So you may see just those on occasion. 

Back in January I was just learning this camera, and it is still an on going process, but I took these one evening while out shutting up the chickens,  that was before the 2 months of sub zero weather. 



Another subject you might see pictures of would be chickens.  I have a flock of 26, 24 hens and 2 roosters. The flock is of mixed breeds and these are the colors of eggs that I get. 


Just a couple more photos 

Sunrise over the grain bins

February 2019 snowstorm

a March 2019 snowstorm aftermath

and one morning there was fog
and when it cleared, we had this really neat frosting on the trees and other outside structures

and 1 more from March,  
The same storm that devastated the state of Nebraska also hit us here in North Dakota. 


We lost part of the roof of the pole barn where we house our calves. That should be roof, not open sky and there shouldn't be all that snow on the floor.  There was a calf that got trapped under the rafters and steel, but he wasn't hurt.  

Well, this post is long enough.  
I will try to do better about posting as we go forward into 2019

5 comments:

  1. Amazing photographs! Looking forward to many more posts 🌹

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you posting, I’m happy to see your pictures and hear a little about your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Glad to see you survived such a hard winter without too much damage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good to see you're back. Beautiful sunset pictures. There was so much snow this winter and you captured it well. We had 2,000 chickens on the farm where I grew up so you brought back memories.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments, Thank you for leaving one.