Thursday, May 8, 2014

Summer Doily

      


Many talented tatters around the world have or are tatting Renulek's Spring doily.  It is very pretty.

Now Renulek is posting her Summer Doily.

I am going to do this one.  I don't know how large this one will get, some of her doilies have been very large.

I had in mind the way I wanted this doily to look and needed some new thread colors.

I really enjoy the early spring violas, Johnny Jump Ups, wild violets and pretty Pansys.  So I thought that a doily that brought that out would look very nice.





So, I contacted a thread dyer with an etsy shop - NAGSTUDIOS that I have become familiar with on FaceBook - Monica Braxton.

This is what she was able to come up with for me.
I think this is going to look very good.


on another note, I have been absent from online sources for a while now, and that might continue sporadically.  my husband had cancer surgery last week, it turned out well, but was way more involved then originally hoped.  Now he needs to heal and that is going to be a very slow process.


A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
Please remind your male family and friends that a simply PSA blood test for Prostate cancer will make their lives much easier when it is caught early rather than late. 

9 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear farm guy is doing well after surgery. I can't wait to see your doily when finished. I love the one you shared with me! ~marybeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new thread is very special - perfect for the summer doily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to seeing your new doily in that thread, I am sure it will look lovely,
    I am sorry to hear about your husband, my husband has prostate cancer but it's in the very very early stages and they are monitoring him.
    I had a cancer op on my eye last month, I have a two hundred mile journey to the hospital, I have been told to rest as I have had a bled in the eye now.
    I hope your husband recovers well. Take care both of you.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely threads. I wish your husband a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That thread will look gorgeous in a doily! Praying for healing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am praying for your husband-and you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your doily will be beautiful.
    Sending love your way.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers for you and Farm Guy. Not fun to go through, but not impossible with help from above!
    Your threads are such a pleasant combination of colors. Looking forward to seeing them in Spring Doily. Karen in OR

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hang in there, you and Farm Boy.

    Lovely colours. It will be a very pretty piece.
    xxoo Fox : )

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments, Thank you for leaving one.