I haven't been very vocal on my blog lately, but I have been doing some tatting and I have some things to show to you.
First up, Fox was so kind and asked me to test her Elizabeth motif.
I didn't have bugle beads, and will need to get some at some point so I have them available. I instead stacked several seed beads to mimic the Bugle beads, but I did not estimate correctly. I used 3 beads, when I should have used 4.
Fox's pattern is perfect, my execution was not.
The thread I used was a size 30 HDT picked up from ebay many years ago. I do not have any artist info. The name of the colorway is Sakura2. It is a very pretty pale yellow and pink. The beads are clear lined with pink, but most of them do not show any pink in the scan.
I have several other projects in progress
1. This is a rework of an antique pattern requested by another tatter.
I have done the original pattern twice,
I then worked it the second time like this
2. I am also doing a test tat for another tatter
3. Several other doilies that I have posted about previously are still waiting for their final repeat or a round or two. I really need to get them done,
4. another set of 6 snowflakes to fulfill a commission.
5. I have some threads from Jess! on order, they have been shipped and I am looking forward to receiving them. One of them in particular is destined for a large project that I have in mind, and I will detail that more once the thread has arrived.
We had another winter storm yesterday, and because it is March it was accompanied by rain/mist/drizzle. There is ice on the roads and ground drifting, so there are snow drifts across the roads. Made for a slow drive to Mass this morning. But Yeah! the sun is out this afternoon, so maybe the roads will be cleared off before I have to leave for work tomorrow morning.
I hope you have all had a fun weekend, with much tatting time. If you don't tat, then I hope you have had time to do something fun.