Monday, May 18, 2009

Antique Booklet, Tatting and health

Here are the 3 pages from the Antique Booklet, pages 26, 27 & 28 that pertain to tatting.

And I have also included the medallion from that Antique Booklet that I had previously posted. I have a doily nearly finished that starts with this medallion and will post that when it is finished. I have the last half of the last row to get done.



today I had to leave work early and travel to town - half hour drive, to see the doctor. nothing too big. I also saw the Chiropractor. I knew by Sunday that I had a sinus infection again. all my allergies over the years that have caused me to have asthma, and leave me susceptible to sinus infections and bronchitis. I usually get one or the other at least once a year.
I am also hypothyroid, and discussed this with my doctor. I have had several different doctors over the past few years as 2 of them came down with cancer. This one was willing to listen to me as far as how I was feeling and is willing to consider changing my thyroid meds. she had some blood tests done today and I should find out in a few days where we go from here.
I have been on thyroid meds since I was 2 years old. For all but the last 2 years I have taken Armour Thyroid. the doctor that I saw back in 2007 said that was old fashioned, wouldn't listen to me and changed my prescription to Synthroid. I have never felt as good on Synthroid as I did with the Armour Thyroid. and I have gained weight easier these last couple of years, and also felt a bit more on the depressed side, enough so that doctor actually gave me a quiz that was supposed to show if I was depressed or not. I answered 4 out of 5 questions pointing toward depression. If I had answered the last one with the "correct" answer, he would have wanted to put me on depression meds.
I am glad that the doctor that I am seeing now is willing to discuss my thyroid, and hope that things will get back on track.
She also suggested that I try to lose 5 pounds. I was able to lose 5 after Christmas, but found them again after Easter... darn. So will try to lose them again and not leave any bread crumb trails so maybe they will stay lost this time.
I have some very good news too. My youngest sister in law has MS. They put her on a very brand new drug this past december and it has not only halted progression of the MS, but has allowed her body to start healing. This is great, she has regained some of the mobility that she had lost in the last year. The only drawback to this med, and it is a major one, is that it leaves the taker susceptable to brain infections. Thanks to God for her progress, but pray to God that she doesn't get that.

2 comments:

  1. Hope your meds get sorted out to your satisfaction. It's good that your doctor will listen to you, so often they treat you as if it doesn't concern you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tatskool, I am very glad this doctor will listen. Thanks for your comments. I will post when I know what is going on.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments, Thank you for leaving one.