Sunday, August 30, 2015

no, I didn't drop of the earth

I didn't realize that it has been more than 2 months since I posted.

I haven't done much tatting  but my wrist is pretty well healed and I should be able to do more now this fall. or sock knitting wool yarn doesn't seem to be as easy to work with in the heat, this summer. I have done some sewing for our Priest and have more to do.

Aug 3 Farmguy and I headed to Rochester MN to Mayo Clinic.  It is a 6 hr drive for us.  well, that includes a couple stops.

He had a major surgery that involved 2 seperate surgical teams.  He got one problem fixed - the bladder - and that is good, but they were unable to reverse the colostomy.   He is not happy about that, but nothing we can do, he just needs to get used to it for the rest of his life.  We have a follow up apt back at Mayo the end of Sept.  He is healing as well as can be expected, just not a happy person about how things turned out.

I have in the past spent 4 days over the Labor Day Weekend at Rollag MN participating on Western  Minnesota Steam Threshers Reunion. (http://www.rollag.com).  But I will not be able to this year. I have spent those 4 days tatting and demonstrating and teaching tatting.  This year I was going to add my sock machine as well.

The garden is doing well,  I should be canning tomatoes and freezing corn.  The chickens are good.  I actually hatched 30 chicks in an incubator this summer, something I hadn't tried successfully before.  They are growing well.

This has been my summer.

Well, I hope all of you have had a wonderful summer and that fall will be just as good for you.

5 comments:

  1. You sound busy and that is good we will wait patiently for more posts thanks for the update

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi from nearby :) So sorry Farmguy is unhappy about that darned result, but glad everything else is healing as it should. I have avoided most gardening and canning this year, but it sounds like you will have some good stuff for winter. Take care of you both and enjoy the beautiful, colorful weather we know is coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy, we are expecting temps in the 90's some of this week. Some of The trees are thinking of turning their leaves it will soon be pretty looking out the window

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry that the colostomy is not going to be reversed. I'm in the same situation, so farmguy really does have my sympathy! Good that the bladder is sorted though. I look forward to seeing what socks come off the machine when the weather cools down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to see a post from you again! I'm sorry the colostomy can't be reversed, but I'm very happy that the bladder has been taken care of. I'll keep you both in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments, Thank you for leaving one.